Do you need to initiate probate for a loved one?

The person listed in the will as the executor or personal representative should initiate probate. Probate is initiated by the decedent’s executor or personal representative, who is typically named in the decedent’s will. The executor or personal representative should hire a lawyer to help them manage the probate process. This is important to ensure probate is done correctly to prevent any legal disputes between family or other beneficiaries of the will.

If a person dies without a will, also called intestate, probate must still be initiated so that the court can appoint an administrator to manage the distribution of the decendent’s property. Commonly, this will be the spouse or an adult child of the deceased who will petition the court to be appointed.

Attorney West Seattle, P.S. has been helping people in West Seattle for several years manage the probate process for families. Our law firm can help you or your loved ones with probate. Call us today for a free consultation.

Attorney West Seattle, P.S.’s phone number is (206) 745 3738.